(English at the bottom)
Lexis Language Centerのスタッフは、それぞれが長年にわたって英語教育に携わっており、非常に豊富な経験と専門知識を持っています。子供から大人まで、幅広いレベルとニーズに対応することができます。帰国子女英語、児童英語、ビジネス英語、医療英語、英語検定など、様々な分野で専門家としての能力を持っています。また、教育システムにも精通しており、子供たちを大学合格へと導くための必要なスキルや戦略を知っています。スタッフ全員がチームワークを大切にし、生徒たちの目標達成をサポートすることに情熱を持っています。
Lexis Language Center is an English Language School in Kichijoji, Musashino, Tokyo Japan.
Lexis aims to be a top English language school in Japan, continuing our nearly 30 year history. We are known for teaching in the North American style with a curriculum curated from Canada, the USA, Japan, England and more. We are dedicated to providing an exciting, multicultural learning space where young children, elementary, junior, high school, returnees, international and advanced students, can all do their best and keep growing. We have established a full curriculum from Pre-K to 12th grade along with university preparation. We use effective and creative teaching methods to help our students fully understand English and to improve their thinking skills along with reading, writing, grammar, spelling, listening and speaking. Despite our focus on skills we encourage friendliness, smiles and most importantly fun. We want to motivate our students to become global citizens, able to connect with different cultures, regardless of whether they cross borders or stay in Japan. We inspire Lexis students to use their English skills to improve their lives and contribute positively to society. --Lexis Principal and CEO, Jared Maier
The Lexis Core Ethos
- Respectful Western Style Education: We implement a North American & UK teaching style that encourages interactive and student-centered learning. This includes inclusivity and multiculturalism. We aim to not just teach English, but also introduce students to the cultural nuances that come with the language. We do this while maintaining and understanding of our knowledge of Japanese culture, and hold a great deal of respect for it.
- Profound Focus on Skills: Our courses are carefully designed to build practical skills in English. Beyond grammar and vocabulary, we give significant attention to speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Results-Oriented Curriculum: Our curriculum is strategically designed to produce tangible results. We continually evaluate our students' progress and adjust our teaching strategies to ensure that every student achieves their language goals.
- History of Excellence: We pride ourselves on our track record of success. Our nearly 30 year history is marked with high student satisfaction, academic achievements, three generations of students and a reputation for quality education.
- Friendly Learning Environment: We foster a warm, welcoming environment that makes learning enjoyable. We believe that a positive atmosphere is key to effective learning, so we ensure our classrooms are places where students feel comfortable and excited to learn.
About Our Classes
Lexis specializes in English education for all ages. Perhaps our most popular classes are our returnee and bilingual children's courses in Tokyo. Additionally, with years of experience in Japanese schools we are proud to offer our standard classes to beginners and intermediate level students of English. Finally, through our years of experience in adult education we are proud to offer academic, literature based and conversation based classes to our adult and senior members of our community. We help students of all ages, backgrounds, and nationalities learn, develop, and master English.
About Our History
We believe in learning seriously, while continuing to have fun. Lexis Language Center was founded nearly 30 years ago by dedicated teachers who continue to teach at Lexis, and help students grow to this very day.
About our Teachers
Our teachers include, certified teachers from the United States, university professors, former Japanese and international elementary, middle, and high school teachers, former major conversation school teachers, and international debate coaches. All teachers have at least eight years of teaching experience, but the average is closer to 20 years. Regardless, teachers are continuously adding new knowledge and skills to their teaching. A defining feature of our teachers at Lexis is they are experts in various fields such as returnee English, children's English, business English, and English certification exams. They are also knowledgeable about international education systems, and entrance to such systems such as in the USA, Australia, the UK and so on. Our teachers and staff posses the necessary skills and strategies to lead children from entry level all the way up to university admission. All staff members value teamwork and are passionate about supporting students in achieving their goals.
From the Founders:
At Lexis we wanted a school of our own, where people could learn English the way they wanted to learn it and the way we had always thought it should be taught. We are always thinking about our students, and we are always trying to make things better.
Nothing inspires us more than to see our students succeed. We have a great time together. Here at our English school, Lexis Language Center, we are very at-home. We know you will feel at-home here too.
- 所在地：〒180-0004 東京都武蔵野市吉祥寺本町2-4-18 ミドリインタービル6F